Thursday 19 March 2009

Day 36 of my Internship

Today is the day 36 of my internship. Actually today i feel quite happy because i didn't make any huge mistakes. Except for some common mistakes, luckily my senior din scold me badly, hehe...

However today my colleague John told me something that scared me. I came back to office to work OT on last Monday, which is a Public Holiday. I am supposed to get special rate for my OT claim, but i was working for only 3 hours. John told me that they only will allow us claim OT for public holiday if we are working for 4 hours and above. Because there is a rule of "4 chargeable hours". Less than 4 hours is unable to claim OT.

After i heard it i was like OMG!!! I just claimed for 3 hours, if they don't allow my OT claim then i have sacrificed my holiday and petrol to work OT for "UNPAID OT"!!! After John told me,I went to tell my senior, she said that she didn't know there's such rule to claim OT. But she said should be no problem as the HR dept didn't call her to ask for my OT claim details.

Finally, before 5.30pm, my senior came and told me that I am able to claim my OT, and it will be calculated at some "special rate", i feel so happy to hear that, LOL...

Today i finished work "peacefully", hope tommorrow will be the same, hehe...

And I am counting how many days I left to finish my internship to kiss office goodbye, LOL...

No comments:

Post a Comment